[StBernard] Christmas toy distribution Sunday

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Dec 17 11:32:40 EST 2011

Knights of Columbus Toy Give Away to be Dec. 18 at 2 p.m. at the Sigur Center

The Knights of Columbus Council #5747 Chalmette will hold its annual Christmas gift give-away Dec. 18 at 2 p.m. at the Sigur Civic Center Grand Ballroom.

"It's that Christmas Season that ignites Knights of Columbus #5747 to gear up rapidly for this year’s Christmas Gift give-away known as A Knight’s Gift," announces Chairman Cisco Gonzales.

He further commented that his members stated, "We're lit up and ready to put a smile on all children's faces regardless of economic stymies. We expect a large crowd due to the blow to the economy and rise in unemployment and we are prepared." Children can pick out their own toy.

A Knight’s Gift – a give-away of toys and dolls – is sponsored by Knights of Columbus Council #5747 Chalmette with proceeds from the group’s Louisiana Crawfish Festival. The distribution in Grand Ballroom will include gifts for newborns to children age 12.

Free rides and hot dogs provided by Mitchell Amusements.

###

Karen Turni Bazile

Karen Turni Bazile

Assistant to the President for Public Information

St. Bernard Parish Government

8201 W. Judge Perez Drive

Chalmette, LA 70043

504-278-4280 - office