[StBernard] Happy New Year

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Dec 31 10:16:03 EST 2011

Dear Friends -

As 2011 comes to an end and we begin a new year, it's important to reflect
on the challenges we've overcome and recharge as we prepare for an exciting
year ahead.

In recent years, our state and our people have been tested by a national
recession as well as natural and man-made disasters that threatened our
people and our way of life. In every instance, we overcame the obstacles
because of the strength and resiliency of our people. Not only did we
overcome the obstacles though, we have come back stronger and better than
before.

Indeed, over the past four years our state has made tremendous progress.
Louisiana's economy is outperforming the nation and the South, and more and
more people are moving to Louisiana each year because there is opportunity
here. Without question this is great news, but it's not time to declare
victory. We still have more work to do and that is why we cannot dwell on
the past. In the next year, we will continue to push for bold reforms,
especially in education, that give our people the opportunity to pursue
their dreams right here at home.

My New Year's resolution is simple - we will not coast. We will remain
relentlessly focused on our future - a future that offers more opportunity
for Louisianians today and for the generations that follow.

Happy New Year!
Governor Bobby Jindal