[StBernard] Louisiana 2012 Coastal Master Plan

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 7 08:14:59 EST 2012

Louisiana 2012 Coastal Master Plan

The Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority is developing the
2012 Louisiana Coastal Master Plan, the legislatively required five year
update to the first coastal master plan published in 2007. The 2012 Master
Plan will present a list of specific projects that the CPRA believes
represent our best investments for the coast.

We anticipate releasing a DRAFT plan for public review and comment
on January 12, 2012. The CPRA will host three public meetings (see below or
click here
<http://www.lacpra.org/action.cfm?md=emaillist&task=addMessageClickThru&msgi
d=478&uid=gekXiYo%7D&encoded=1&redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Elacpra%2Eorg%2Fas
sets%2Fdocs%2F2012%20Master%20Plan%2FFinal%5FPublic%20Meeting%20Flyer2012CMP
%2Epdf> for more details) in late January and the public comment period
will remain open until February 25, 2012. We will present the plan to the
Louisiana Legislature this spring for approval. Once approved, the plan will
drive state action to protect and restore our dynamic coast.

Your attendance at the public meetings is critical to the future of
our state and we want to hear your thoughts and suggestions on the 2012
Coastal Master Plan. Please come out and learn about our efforts and show
that you are "Committed to Our Coast"! We will have an Open House between
1:00pm-5:30pm to learn about project selection, flooding risks, and how our
landscape is changing. The formal public hearing will start at 5:30pm.

Monday, January 23, 2012 from 1:00pm - 7:30pm
University of New Orleans - Lindy Boggs Conference Center Auditorium
2045 Lakeshore Drive
New Orleans, LA 70122

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 from 1:00pm - 7:30pm
Houma Terrebonne Civic Center - Room 3
346 Civic Center Boulevard
Houma, LA 70360

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 from 1:00pm - 7:30pm
Lake Charles Civic Center - Contraband Room
900 Lakeshore Drive
Lake Charles, LA 70601

In addition to the Master Plan, we will also present the Fiscal Year
2013 Annual Plan for public review and comment. The Annual Plan will outline
a specific list of projects that will be the priority for the CPRA to
develop or begin implementing and constructing during the upcoming fiscal
year including the approximate costs for each project.

If you have any questions about the meetings, please let us know. We
look forward to seeing you in a few weeks! Please feel free to send this
announcement on to friends and family who may also be interested in the 2012
Louisiana Coastal Master Plan. For more detailed information and to download
a copy of the draft Master Plan on January 12th, please visit
www.coastalmasterplan.la.gov
<http://www.lacpra.org/action.cfm?md=emaillist&task=addMessageClickThru&msgi
d=478&uid=gekXiYo%7D&encoded=1&redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecoastalmasterplan
%2Ela%2Egov> .