[StBernard] St. Bernard family receives miracle help after fire ruins Christmas

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 14 10:50:11 EST 2012

St. Bernard family receives miracle help after fire ruins Christmas

wwltv.com
Posted on January 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Bill Capo / Action Reporter
Darryl Clark of Meraux spent Friday morning making the last utility
connections to his new trailer home so his family can move in, and he's
overjoyed.

"Is this real, or what's going on? Really, is this my trailer? Yes, we've
upgraded to a beautiful trailer," said Clark who can't believe his fortune.

Dec. 23, the disabled roofer and his wife were in tears as they stood
outside the trailer destroyed in a Dec. 9 fire.

"I don't have no answers to tell my kids about where we're going to live,"
said Charlene Clark.

"We lost everything, all my clothes, everything. We don't have nothing left,
nothing," said Darryl.

At the time of that first Action Report, they were so devastated, unsure of
where they would live. But just afterwards, a true Christmas miracle
happened, a tremendous outpouring of support from across the area. Even the
owner of this trailer made it possible for them to have a place to live, and
that is just one of the incredible things that happened.

"It was incredible. Friday night when the report ran the phone just began
ringing off the wall, all night long. I couldn't return the messages quick
enough," said Father John Arnone, Our Lady Of Lourdes Church.

"It is a blessing from God. Truthfully I'm glad to see that happened," said
Adam Ciuffi, the landlord.

"Everybody wanted to help. It really showed the generosity of people," said
Father Armone.

Darryl showed Father John and his landlord his new three-bedroom home.
Santas from all over the area made sure there were presents for the
children.

"It touched my heart, and my wife's. We cried, and thank everybody for
helping us. Thank you. I mean, everybody helped out from all over the world,
and if if wasn't for them, we wouldn't know where to go, but now we have a
new home," said Darryl.