[StBernard] Solar Lights for power outages

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 16 20:24:47 EST 2012

I don't know if trhis works or not, but it sounds reasonable.

FANTASTIC IDEA!

This was sent to us so I'll just send it on.

Due to a thunderstorm, we lost power for about 5 hours. We were scrambling
around in the darkness, looking for matches, candles, flashlights, etc. We
looked outside, and noticed our solar lights shining brightly all around our
patio, stairs, dock, etc. They were beautiful. My wife walked outside, and
brought several of the solar lights inside.

We stuck the solar light pipes into plastic drink bottles containers and
they made the nicest, brightest, safest, lighting you could ever imagine.

We put one in the bathroom, the kitchen, the living room, etc. There was
plenty of light. There are all types of solar lights available. We bought
ours at Harbor Freight. We put them all around our yard. They look nice and
they do not attract flying bugs like the outdoor lights around our doorway.

The lights we have fit into the small (20 oz) water bottles and they also
fit into most of the larger liter bottles. If you need a weight in the
plastic bottle to keep them from tipping over, you can put a few of the
pretty colorful "flat marbles" that they put in aquariums, and vases. (you
can also use sand, aquarium gravel, etc., whatever you have available).

The lights we have were perfect inside our home. They burn all night long if
you need them.

The next day, you just take your solar lights back outside and they will
instantly recharge and be ready for you to use again any time you need them.

Perfect for power outages, hurricanes, etc.

I never thought of it and you don't have to: here it is.

--

BE WELL & make it a GREAT day,
^ ^ ^ ^