[StBernard] Scalise reacts to Obama's State of the Union address

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jan 25 21:17:28 EST 2012

Scalise reacts to Obama's State of the Union address
------
Jan 25, 2011

Washington, DC -- Congressman Steve Scalise today released the following statement after President Obama’s State of the Union address.

“We’ve heard this speech before, but unfortunately it’s always been followed up by contradictory big-government, anti-small business actions that continue to hold our economy back,” Scalise said.

“The President has a proven track record of talking one way only to follow it up with liberal actions, and that is a big reason why the American people overwhelmingly rejected his radical agenda during the last election.
Unemployment has remained near the 10 percent mark since President Obama took office, and it is time for the President to abandon his failed agenda and start working with the new Republican majority in the House as we carry out the will of the American people. If the President is really serious, he’ll join with Republicans and support our plans to create jobs and cut reckless Washington spending, and he can start by issuing permits so people can get back to work drilling safely in the Gulf for domestic energy.”

http://scalise.house.gov/press-release/s... [1]

[1]
http://scalise.house.gov/press-release/scalise-reacts-obamas-state-union-address