[StBernard] DEQ offers online suggestions form for the public

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jan 26 17:58:53 EST 2012

DEQ offers online suggestions form for the public

BATON ROUGE - The Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality has recently launched an online suggestion form for use by the public for the purpose of submitting ideas to the department.

The form is located on the DEQ Web site’s home page on the right side under a tab entitled “Submit Your Environmental Suggestions and Ideas.” Clicking on the tab brings the user to a form, which may also be accessed at:
http://www.deq.louisiana.gov/portal/ONLINESERVICES/SubmitEnvironmentalIdeas.asp <http://www.deq.louisiana.gov/portal/ONLINESERVICES/SubmitEnvironmentalIdeas.aspx> x

“We are proud to be able to continue offering another way to streamline communication between DEQ and the public. This suggestion form provides the public with an immediate means in which to get their ideas to us,” said Sam Phillips, Assistant Secretary of DEQ’s Office of Environmental Services. “This is a great tool for offering the public another platform in which to assist us in our mission of protecting human health and the environment.”

DEQ asks that users identify themselves on the form and limit the initial submission to four pages, including of all pictures, drawings, diagrams, text and references. Upon submission, the inquiry will be reviewed by DEQ staff and a follow up communication may be required in the event additional information is needed.

-30-