[StBernard] Insulting

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 30 08:13:14 EST 2012

Westley, I'll take a step further and say "the worst parents in the world
still makes a better choice for their children's education than some
government bureaucrat." Unlike a John Kasich, Jindal is an extremely
calculating person who never makes a move unless he's been shown several
studies or research polls that the masses are with him. He's learned that
the timing is right to push for more charter schools and some sort of
voucher system or he wouldn't be doing it. As you said, no system is
perfect, but I agree with Jindal that if we are to live in an imperfect
system, at least I want "the power" put in the hands of parents and "we the
people." I can live with and accept "us" making a mistake over bureaucrats.

But make no mistake about it - the tide of political power has indeed
shifted and major change is definitely coming. I think it's safe to say the
unions are not going to like it...but, the harsh reality is does anybody who
has no affiliation to a labor union really care if they don't like it?