[StBernard] Worthwhile reads

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Feb 3 08:26:35 EST 2012

Okay so your analogy would be that if I saw you steal candy from a store and
you got away with it, then it's perfectly okay for me to follow suit and do
the same. Nah. Both parties are guilty of it. Neither one is more to
blame than the other. Doesn't matter who did it first.

But you're not so naïve to believe that once one party (the
Democrats)
opened the flood gates that the Republicans were going to let the
Democrats
be the only ones to reap the surpluses, did you? Fault always lies
with
"who started it." Besides, add up the years starting with LBJ and
tell me
which party controlled the spending for how many years. True, both
parties
are at fault, but only one to blame. That's why the tea partiers
like Paul
Ryan have it spot on and appear to be the only ones who get it.