[StBernard] Parish didn't want apartments, but renters do

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 16 21:14:41 EST 2012

a resident told me she and her husband are moving into a one bedroom at parc
place for $170 a month and utilities paid. there is a need for housing, but
as a parish we will not be financially sound if our entire
repopulation/redevelopment is at or below the poverty level. we need to
construct new single family homes, preserve the residential zoning (R1) in
our neighborhoods, and increase our tax base, or otherwise we will not even
be able to afford the utilities and insurance on all the buildings built in
the "recovery", including all our schools, the new huge building at val
reiss park, the hannan sports center, etc. ------------ SJK