[StBernard] URGENT: Stop Louisiana’s Teachers Unions – Help Pass Education Reform Legislation TODAY

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 19 22:59:23 EDT 2012

Dear Friend,

The Louisiana State Legislature is days away from considering a statewide expansion of the highly-successful New Orleans voucher program, which has transformed the lives of thousands of students in our state.

In fact, a floor vote in the House of Representatives could come as early as this week. We need your help to make sure this vital legislation passes.

Legislators will soon vote on the Student Scholarships for Educational Excellence Act in the Louisiana House and Senate. Tell legislators that you support House Bill 976 and Senate Bill 597. <http://www.townhallmail.com/vymbfctkbbjnfkbknkfptnqggynggkytmmpczfjhjyhjvp_ldkkqnmwdz.html>

Thousands of families across Louisiana are trapped in failing public schools with no alternative. And the teachers unions and organized opponents are spending untold amounts of money to preserve the status quo and prevent education reform from transforming the lives of our children. Your action is needed to ensure that thousands of Louisiana families have the educational options they deserve. <http://www.townhallmail.com/icckyrfbkknwybkbwbyvfwtddcwddbcfzzvrqynmncmnhb_ldkkqnmwdz.html>

Governor Jindal and elected officials in the legislature are working to enact broad education reform that includes a statewide expansion of the New Orleans program, as well as rules making it easier for charter schools to open. These measures will help ensure that parents are allowed to choose the school that best fits their child's needs. No child should be doomed to a failing public school.

Click here to send your message to the legislature using our easy, free online e-mail form. <http://www.townhallmail.com/bddkpntjkkcypjkjyjpftysqqzyqqjztbbfnmpcgczgclg_ldkkqnmwdz.html>

The Louisiana legislature has a chance to pass this bill, but your action is needed to ensure that thousands of Louisiana families receive this option. Don't let the teachers unions stand in the way of this important legislation!

Click here to send an e-mail message now. <http://www.townhallmail.com/chtrtsngrrjftgrgfgtpnfkllmfllgmnqqpsztjcjmcjdl_ldkkqnmwdz.html> It takes just two minutes, and it's free. And while you're at it, can you forward this message to three friends to help spread the word?

Now is the time to help Louisiana's children. Critical votes determining the fate of this legislation could happen this week. Please do not delay. With your help -- by e-mailing legislators using our online form <http://www.townhallmail.com/ymlrswzfrrbnsfrfnfsqznpggvnggfvzccqwtsbkbvkblb_ldkkqnmwdz.html> -- we can win this fight and provide Louisiana kids with hope for a brighter future. Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
The Louisiana Federation for Children

The Louisiana Federation for Children is a project of the American Federation for Children. We work with partners in Louisiana to promote, create, and expand educational options, primarily for low-income families. Like us on Facebook <http://www.townhallmail.com/twhfltgbffmklbfbkblhgkdccpkccbpgjjhtrlmvmpvmzj_ldkkqnmwdz.html> and follow us on Twitter <http://www.townhallmail.com/ofkgtpvkggrdtkgkdktjvdcllqdllkqvmmjpntrwrqwrzq_ldkkqnmwdz.html> .