[StBernard] Council meeting April 3, 2012 video

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 4 18:46:15 EDT 2012

I'm not down in the parish enough to remember everything that is being
rebuilt and what is still empty, but look at Google Maps, that block has two
houses on it that face Buffon St. The rest of the block is all open lot. I'm
guessing that Racetrack needs the zoning change so they can put their
building far enough back from Paris Road to leave ample room for parking and
the gas pumps.

As for the commenters remarks that the corner of Paris Rd and Judge Perez
are already saturated with gas stations, what the hell is she talking about?
You have Shell on one corner, Hoffner's Gas on another and you will soon
have two drug stores on the two remaining corners (does she think that
corner will not be saturated with drug stores?).

She is also being overly generous with her estimates of five businesses
closing with seven jobs per business being lost.

Racetrack is a privately held company, they promote from within. Their new
stores have been very well received and they generally have some of the
cheapest gas prices you will find anywhere. They might put some pressure on
the gas prices at Hoffner's, but I don't think Shell will adjust their
prices one bit.

This woman is just blowing smoke. I would vote to put a Racetrack there if I
was on the counsel.

Westley