[StBernard] FEMA Funds the Restoration of St. Bernard's Historic Courthouse

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 18 21:24:10 EDT 2012

Am I reading this correctly in that it will be used for an educational
facility? With all the new schools in the parish and Gauthier being in the
back yard, new and massively built, is there a need for another school? Or,
what about this?...what I am hoping for is an educational facility "museum"
for Katrina. We could honor those lives lost but use the facility to
actually teach the children about the restoration efforts, particularly in
coastal restoration.
Who owns this property? Is it the local, state or federal authorities or
the school system? Just wondering. BTW, it looks fantastic!