[StBernard] Another Week of Jobs Wins

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 12 11:11:09 EDT 2012

We just capped another great week of new economic development wins for
Louisiana. From Shreveport to New Orleans and in between, we announced
economic expansion projects that will create new jobs and new opportunities
so that our people can pursue their dreams right here at home.

On Monday, we joined Ronpak Inc. to announce the company's decision to
relocate its corporate headquarters from New Jersey to The Port of
Caddo-Bossier in Shreveport. As the Shreveport Times
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c9290%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=BKE12pCBhaDPmZ16hGHvCQ&sysid=1> reported, "Ronpak has been heralded
as one of the region's most recent and biggest economic wins." With this
project Ronpak will create an additional 100 new jobs on top of the 175
manufacturing positions we announced last year. Ronpak's decision to
increase their investment in Louisiana is because of our state's strong
business climate and our world-class workforce.

Then on Tuesday we announced an expansion of DMC Charter Chamber in Baton
Route. The company had considered moving its operations to Houston, but
ultimately decided to stay in Baton Rouge and to expand their operations.
As the Business Report
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c9291%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=N8M1FDK%2fbquOAPxQK9c3RQ&sysid=1> wrote, the company has decided to
invest $10 million in a new facility that will create an additional 80 new
jobs and retain more than 120 jobs in our capital city. Companies are now
choosing to stay in Louisiana because we have created an environment where
they can invest and succeed.

Our third economic development win this week came just yesterday when we
traveled to St. John the Baptist Parish to announce that Nalco will be
building a new dry polymer production facility at its Garyville plant. As
the New Orleans Times-Picayune
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c9292%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=aagEfeuOrqounqU8TjvrUA&sysid=1> reported, this new project will
result in 22 new full-time positions and retain an additional 235 jobs.

Finally this week, we celebrated a new expansion at the Port of New Orleans
that will allow for more cargo and jobs at the facility. Louisiana's ports
are the commercial gateway for cargo traveling to and from the heartland of
America.

The bottom line is that this week was a great week for Louisiana's workers
and further demonstrates that our economy is on the move. These
announcements are proof that our workers are the best in the world, our
economy is growing, and with more hard work and determination, we can make
Louisiana the best place in the world to raise a family and start a new
career.

Sincerely,

Governor Bobby Jindal