[StBernard] RedState (By Gov. Jindal): Liberal and Incompetent

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jun 15 17:29:07 EDT 2012

Liberal and Incompetent

RedState
By Gov. Bobby Jindal
6/14/12

"A few weeks back I found myself at the scene of the crime. campaigning in
Wisconsin with Governor Walker. One thing was abundantly clear, and if you
spent any time helping out Governor Walker in his campaign, you can attest
to this - The radical left has taken over the Democrat Party.

Last Tuesday in Wisconsin, the silent majority was very loud. Call it the
Cheesehead Rebellion. I suppose you could say that the people have spoken,
but the truth is they spoke a year and half ago and this entire recall
election was nothing more than a case of sour grapes from the radical left
that has taken over the once proud Democrat Party. Let's remember what
happened here. The hard left launched this recall because Scott Walker had
the audacity to act in the best interests of the people of Wisconsin.

The truth is - Governor Walker's conservative reforms are reasonable, they
are sound policy, they are fair, and they are working.

What was supposed to be a long night at the Walker headquarters in Wisconsin
. actually turned into a long night at the Obama headquarters in Chicago. As
we all knew would happen, the White House immediately declared that the
Wisconsin recall election results don't matter. In fact, they said that
early in the day on Tuesday. Apparently, when Democrats win elections it is
a big deal, but when Republicans win it doesn't matter.

But the big head-scratcher is the President's absence in this recall
election. Why did he not come to Wisconsin to save the day at the end? Was
this not an important election? Remember - President Obama carried Wisconsin
by 14%! Surely he had enough capital built up that he could spend some for
the cause?...

There is a lesson about leadership in here. Scott Walker was faced with some
tough choices, and he did not shrink from them. He stood tall, he took
decisive action, and his state is better off for it. The President, however,
he shrunk from the challenge, he elected to stay away for fear of losing.
This is not what leaders do. Leaders do not run from a fight.

The bottom-line takeaway from the Cheesehead Rebellion is this -
Conservative reform ideas work in the real world. We've found this over and
over in Louisiana, and we are now finding it in Wisconsin. Next, we need to
elect Governor Romney and get about the business of rebuilding America and
ending this left wing experiment otherwise known as the Obama Presidency.

The Obama Administration is the nexus of Liberalism and Incompetence.and
this is a deadly combination.

The liberalism part is widely understood and easily documented. After
running a clever campaign in 2008 where he positioned himself as a centrist,
President Obama has been the most liberal president since Jimmy Carter. He
jammed through a government takeover of health care that has never enjoyed
the support of a majority of Americans, not on even one single day. It is
bad policy and it is unpopular and he jammed it through anyway. It cost the
Democrats control of the House, but President Obama considers that a small
price to pay.

While the liberalism of the Obama Administration is widely understood, the
incompetence of it remains a bit of an untold story. A few weeks back, I
made the comment that prior to being President, Obama had never run
anything, that in fact he had never even run a lemonade stand. That's a fun
line, and folks were entertained by it. But, here's the problem: it's not a
joke, it's the truth.

We put a guy in the White House who has no experience running anything. In
that sense, the joke's on us. But again, it's not a joke. America simply
cannot afford another four years of on-the-job training.

We simply have to win this election."

Read Governor Jindal's full RedState post online at:
http://www.redstate.com/bobbyjindal/2012/06/14/liberal-and-incompetent/
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c9355%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=6z7vqlUgma90IH6I%2fsFP%2bw&sysid=1>