[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish council ends contract with official parish journal

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 25 03:03:12 EDT 2012

Well I know enough that when McInnis asks a state legislator who has ties to
the publisher to put in a particular bill the Post publisher would benefit
from, it stinks on ice.

"During that period, McInnis had asked state Rep. Ray Garofalo, R-Meraux, to
introduce a bill that would have allowed the parish to hire a newspaper that
has only been in operation for about six months as its official journal."

Granted, Garafolo did not go through with it:

"After a Times-Picayune story revealed that the St. Bernard Post rented
office space from Garofalo, McInnis said that "due to ethics conflicts,"
Garofalo would drop the bill."

But this looked and sounded totally asinine

""Then I'm going to subpoena some people, and they will have to say whether
that's correct under oath," McInnis said."

I'm done with it, whether I show how little I know or whatever.

Goes to show how little you know about what the parish council is
doing. In
accordance with state law, the parish council will now seek bids
from
publishers outside of St. Bernard parish. The Parish Post does not
qualify
to be able to bid. So it is clear that the Parish Post was not a
factor in
their decision.