[StBernard] LLT properties - "fair market value"?? Thanks Dana.

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 28 18:54:15 EDT 2012

Here is the link discussing "fair market value" of parish properties. Then
below is Dana's comment which appears as a comment below the nola article
itself. Thanks Dana for your research - apparently the Torres group/Meraux
foundation have a different set of "fair market" AND moral values.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/06/state_and_st_bernard_parish_t
u.htmt

Dana's comments - BEGIN
"Victor Franckiewicz, general counsel for the Louisiana Land Trust, which is
the non-profit for properties acquired by the state under the Road Home
program, said today that the Land Trust likely would list the properties at
much less than fair market value." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ So, let me get this
straight: The State of Louisiana is having money problems, and the Parish of
St. Bernard is having money problems, yet the State wants to "list the
properties at much less than fair market value," according to the general
counsel for the State of Louisiana. Well, the State of Louisiana had no
problem with approving fifty million ($50,000,000.00) dollars in Louisiana
CDBG money and Louisiana tax credits (a/k/a money) it "awarded" to Provident
Realty Advisors to build the unwanted/unneeded apartments in St. Bernard
Parish.

And regarding property values in St. Bernard Parish, let's all not forget
how the State of Louisiana gladly approved of the land sales of the Meraux
Foundation and the Torres/Randazzo properties to Provident Realty Advisors
to build these "mixed-income" apartments, land sale prices that were paid
for off the hard-working backs of Louisiana taxpayers, land sale prices that
were a whopping one million five hundred thousand ($1,500,000.00) dollars
HIGHER THAN THEIR FAIR MARKET APPRAISED VALUES! And what's really disgusting
about the sale of the Meraux Foundation property is the fact that while the
Meraux Foundation was "OVERPAID" for their St. Bernard property with
Louisiana taxpayer money, the Meraux Foundation doesn't even pay one red
cent of property taxes for any of the property it owns throughout the entire
State of Louisiana, including the Parish of St. Bernard. Something is
terribly wrong with this picture!

Why is it that certain people's property values are worth more than other's
in the Parish of St. Bernard? Why is it that the Meraux Foundation and the
Torres and Randazzo families can be OVERPAID for their property with
taxpayer dollars, but the Parish of St. Bernard can't even be given the
opportunity to sell these LLT lots at fair market value, at the least.

Our Council and Administration need to take this "discrepancy" (and I'm
being kind using the word "discrepancy") up with the so-called leaders in
Baton Rouge who are supposed to be good stewards of the Louisiana taxpayer's
money, because something is definitely wrong with this picture, too.

Oh, and before anyone wants to bash me, let me just state, for the record,
that I personally requested the State of Louisiana take 288 of these LLT
lots and build 288 new single-family homes in St. Bernard Parish with the
$50 million of Louisiana taxpayer money, instead of "overpaying" Provident
Realty Advisors, the Meraux Foundation and the Torres and Randazzo families
to build 288 rental apartments, and my request was denied. Something is
seriously wrong in Baton Rouge."
END
--

DEBBY ROSENBERGER
2513 JEAN LAFITTE PKWY

PLEASE - Don't BREED OR BUY
WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!

People will forget what you SAID; People will forget what you DID; BUT they
will never forget how you made them feel.