[StBernard] St. Bernard to get new sheriff for first time in 28 years

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jun 29 11:21:22 EDT 2012

http://www.fox8live.com/story/18793984/deputies-arrest-st-bernard-parish-tee
n-for-attempted-murder

according to a post on nola

the shooting happened last night about 10pm... my son was on his bike was
riding home from a friends house nearby and he heard 2 loud pops. He
initially thought somebody was poppin some early fireworks for the th of
July, but then saw people runnin and screamin that someone was shot. He put
some muscle into those peddles and came running in the house screamin
somebody got shot in the front apartment buildings on St Bernard Hwy and
Ventura Drive. By the time we got outside, there were cops EVERYWHERE, even
Mr. Pohlmann was out there. The ENTIRE apartment complex was surrounded, but
on the Ventura side, there was the yellow caution tape surrounding one area.
We did actually hear the EMT's with the person that was shot, and it didnt
sound good cuz they were sayin "stay with us, hey, hey stay with us" then
the person mumbled something, and the EMT asked "you CANT feel your feet?"
The ambulance was there for a quite some time and then left... withOUT
lights and sirens, not good. My neighbors and myself were all standing out
there with our rosery beads, praying hard for this person. There was a
witness that said that they saw 2 black males run out the apt, towards St
Bernard Hwy and towards up the road.