[StBernard] St. Bernard to open hospital seven years after Katrina washed it away

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 3 08:18:49 EDT 2012

Okay, here's a suggestion:

Since the board members aren't doing the hiring, but rather FMOL is (they're
running the hospital), have your son contact H.R. (taken from the website)

Human Resources

Tracie Gravolet, Human Resources Director, (504) 826-9400,
tracie.gravolet at sbph.net

Ask Ms. Gravolet for an appt. and that he'd like to discuss his
non-selection. He can say he'd like to know how or if his resume was
lacking and what he could do to improve it. He could wear a nice shirt and
tie to make a good impression. I don't know your son, but I have read
comments by folks I know who have been in the hiring/h.r. end and have said
they were amazed at what some young folks think is acceptable for a job
interview.

If he could try these things, and gets in to speak to the h.r. director it
would at least get across that he's serious about working there. That might
move his application up a few places in the stack.

Again, just trying to throw out some constructive thoughts and ideas.

Turned in his resume at the job fair and the admin offices on Judge
Perez.
Spoke with one of the board members several times. Is a high school
graduate
and YES he can read. He is willing to take anything to get a job, it
was not
just this one particular job he put in for. I was looking at the
available
list of jobs & saw this as a way to.get his foot in the door until
I saw
experience needed. And I know some of the people who have been hired
fot
positions they don't really have any experience for. And I know
someone who
went to the first job fair & was getting her degree that December
and she
was asked who was voting for for Sheriff. Not political ?

-