[StBernard] Historic Investment

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 8 21:39:36 EDT 2012

Dear Friends -

Today we announced the beginning of an historic investment to upgrade rural
roads across our state. This past legislative session, we passed a law to
help generate $425 million over three years to repair approximately 1,100
miles of rural roads. I traveled to Northeast Louisiana today to announce
our projects for the first year which total $150 million and will repair
around 360 miles of rural roads throughout Louisiana.

This investment will improve roads that, in some cases, have not been
repaired in around 30 years. Ultimately, this investment will help make our
state more attractive for new business investment, and most importantly, it
will help ensure that our families are driving on safe roads.

We also recently announced a major job win in Northwest Louisiana where
Tiburon Associates will create 350 jobs and open a maintenance overhaul
facility for transport vehicles at Camp Minden. The transport vehicles are
used to move military equipment and personnel to the battlefront so our
military men and women have the equipment they need to continue fighting for
our freedom. The project will also result in 577 indirect jobs which means
this job win will create more than 900 new jobs in our state.

Finally, we also recently marked the opening of the new L.E. Fletcher
Technical Community College campus development in Schriever. As the Daily
Comet
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c9343%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=RZn16dRjhqLmDxuNdLeF9A&sysid=1> reported, we supported $21 million
in financing for the construction and development of the new campus. We made
this investment because we know our community and technical colleges are a
critical pipeline for ensuring that we have skilled workers in Louisiana.
Campus developments like the one at L.E. Fletcher serve as a critical
training ground in our state to make sure we continue to have the most
highly-skilled workforce in the country which will help us attract more
economic development projects.

Sincerely,

Governor Bobby Jindal