[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish council members meet to discuss monthly fees and layoffs

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Aug 16 19:59:27 EDT 2012

>From last night's meeting, the fee would be on all residential dwellings

(unless you are disabled veteran or a 65 year old with low income). So if
an apartment complex had four units, but only one water meter, there would
be four fees. The fee is supposed to be only through Dec. 31 2012. In
December the people will have the opportunity to vote on an increased
dedicated property tax for the fire department.

I've wondered why the chemical plants aren't charged more? The plants rely
on our Fire Dept too Maybe there could be a permanent Fire Fee on all water
bills (residential and commercial), with or without an increased property
tax and with an added surcharge on the chemical plants? We should all pay
for Fire Service but the residents should not fund the plant's liability.