[StBernard] Charles Drive Debris

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 13 10:27:14 EDT 2012

I own a Charles Drive lot and live on Corinne. At least in the block between
Genie and Magistrate the only debris I have ever seen and see now on a lot
owned by a Corinne house address, is some stacked fence debris, which I
believe, was the debris I saw placed there by a Charles Drive property owner
after Isaac. At the time I saw the Charles Drive owner place his fence
debris on someone else's lot, I was tempted to make the opposite comment,
"Charles Drive address property owners should not put their debris on
Corinne Ave address property owner's lots just because it is there," but it
was none of my business.

I have gone to great lengths by planting shrubbery, and an automatic
sprinkler system, etc. to show that the 20 feet of well-manicured centipeded
grass between the sidewalk and my fence is private property and is not dog
park for pets to relieve themselves, nor a neighborhood playground, but for
the enjoyment of those who open their front door on Charles Dr, and see a
nice lawn across and adjacent to them and enhances their property, and I
receive their appreciative comments all the time.

Unfortunately, for the entire neighborhood, a modular home owned by an
Alabama contractor sits unfinished on Charles Drive since 2006 while the
weeds get high in between the sloppy, once a month grass cutting and the
openings in the wall underneath it encourages numerous animals to live
underneath -- and the Parish takes no action against the owner.

ddk