[StBernard] modular home unfinished - ordinance proposed by Richie Lewis?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 13 18:35:01 EDT 2012

ddk and others:

I too am fighting the same battle with unfinished or abandoned properties on
Jean Lafitte. One of which at 2600 Jean Lafitte is owned by former council
man Mark Madary who lives in tidy Brittany Place in Arabi --- anyway (sorry,
I get sooo angry) I have sent photos of the property and expired permits
posted in windows since 2009 to parish president and council. No action.

Richie Lewis (Dist C) was supposed to author an ordinance (whatever you call
it?) to consider PROPERTIES WITHOUT UTILITIES eligible for demolition. FEMA
money will only be available for a limited time and has already been
extended.

I have not followed up due the hot topic of water bill increase and of
course Issace but I think all residents supporting this issue should go to
the next council meeting (sbpg.net for next night meeting date ) and also
get and email agenda (radams at sbpg.net) to show our strength. I can be
contacted via email drosenberger00 at gmail.com.

The above was in response to: Charles Drive debris by ddk

Unfortunately, for the entire neighborhood, a modular home owned by an
Alabama contractor sits unfinished on Charles Drive since 2006 while the
weeds get high in between the sloppy, once a month grass cutting and the
openings in the wall underneath it encourages numerous animals to live
underneath -- and the Parish takes no action against the owner.

ddk