[StBernard] Rid the World of Those Savages

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 24 18:47:16 EDT 2012

RID THE WORLD OF THOSE SAVAGES
POSTED BY FROGGY . [SEPTEMBER 20, 2012]
I had the privilege of attending Ty Woods' funeral this morning at the North
Island Naval Air Station Chapel in Coronado. Ty and Glen Doherty are former
SEALs and State Department contractors who came to the aid of the US
Ambassador to Libya during the attack on the Benghazi Consulate. Ty and Glen
were not assigned to the Ambassador's security detail. However, when the
attack against the Consulate came, they ran toward the sound of gunfire and
and defended the facility and the Ambassador for several hours against a
numerically superior assault force, and went out like rock stars after
planting dozens of those scumbags.

Ty's widow, Dorothy, delivered an inspiring eulogy with more grace, poise,
and fervor than I have ever witnessed from the spouse of a fallen warrior. I
wish I had the entire thing on tape, as it should be read by the nation on
the anniversary of 9/11 next year. Here are two quotes that I will never
forget.

"It is easy to write a book about being a Navy SEAL, but it is very hard to
write an obituary for one."

"To all the Operators here today I give you this charge: Rid the world of
those savages. I'll say it again, RID THE WORLD OF THOSE SAVAGES!"

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2012/09/rid-the-world-of-those-savages.html