[StBernard] Dr. Thomas Sowell: Quote of the Day (No. 2)

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Oct 2 09:23:59 EDT 2012

Quote of the Day:

"It's amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors,
hospitals and medication somehow think we can afford to pay for doctors,
hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it."

-Dr. Thomas Sowell

African-American, retired Chairman of Stanford University's Department of
Economics,

Considered by many as one of the greatest economic minds of our day. He was

Economic advisor to President Ronald Reagan that resulted in the greatest
economic

growth in the U.S. over the last 50 years.

P.S someone who is very liberal and progressive contacted me asked why I
felt the very first credential I listed about Dr. Sowell was his ethnicity.
Here's my answer to him: Because I know all too well how the "liberal
brain" operates, I knew if I had not mentioned he was a black man, you would
attack me saying the economist I quoted must clearly be a racist.
Therefore, because of the moronic operation of your brain, I had to take
that into consideration when explaining who Dr. Sowell is and mention that
first to stop you dead in your tracks. Of course, my normal response to
anyone was actually intelligent would have been "you're absolutely correct,
what does one's race have anything to do with being right?"

-John