[StBernard] so is anyone aware of this

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 19 08:16:50 EDT 2012

or have any other information on it? This was posted on the parish forum on
nola.com

Wow. $32 fee is ILLEGAL and being MISUSED ALREADY

Wow, I just watched the Oct 18th Council meeting, and it looks like the
Council and Administration is 'playing games' with the ILLEGAL $32 fee they
have ILLEGALLY added to our water bills. This is unbelievable. Guy McInnis
actually wants us to believe that it's perfectly okay for money that was
already allocated in the budget for firemen to be transferred to the general
fund because the firemen budget *now has too much money going into it
because of the added $32 ILLEGAL fee we are being made to pay on our water
bills.* Translation: The $32 ILLEGAL fee is really just another way for the
parish goverment to manipulate and generate more revenue for the general
fund, hence, the $32 fee is really an ILLEGAL *tax,* and it was totally
ILLEGAL for the Council to vote in favor of imposing a *revenue raising tax*
instead of letting the citizens vote and decide on the issue.

If I didn't know any better, I sure thought, for a minute, I was watching
the Obama Administration in action. Talk about manipulating the people and
their money. WOW!

BTW: Richie Lewis was right when he sparred with Guy McInnis about this
issue. Richie Lewis was right when he stated that when he voted on this
issue, it was with the total understanding that this $32 fee was for
*firemen and firemen only.* And now Richie is finding out that is not
necessarily the case. Wow, it looks like Richie was trying to be manipulated
as well...only Richie saw the *flower buried between the trees,* and he
stepped up and said something. Thank you, Richie Lewis, for doing the right
thing by your constituents.

And thank you, Peter Rupp, for filing your lawsuit. Hopefully, you can put a
stop to this ILLEGAL activity and manipulation being perpetrated against the
citizens of this parish....perpetrated by the same people who swore to do
what's in the best interest of the citizens and uphold all laws. WOW!