[StBernard] Angels

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 16 16:56:23 EST 2012

Nov. 12

Angels

<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/a37f71a4150c62c22952d028fc68c927/411546583/r
ealurl=http://youtu.be/DnXY4I3LV7w>
Dear friend,

As many of you know, my family is built through adoption. My husband was
adopted from an orphanage in Ireland when he was five years old, and,
together, we have brought two wonderful children into our family through
adoption. I grew up in a loving and large family and know how important it
is for children-and adults-to have a family they can count on.

Each fall in our nation's capital, we take time to recognize those who open
their hearts and their homes to children in need of a forever family.
Whether a judge, teacher or social worker, the Congressional Coalition on
Adoption Institute and members of Congress recognize the angels that give
children wings. This year, we recognized 142 angels who have gone above and
beyond in making a difference in the life of a child.

Watch highlights from this year's Angels in Adoption events.
<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/a37f71a4150c62c22952d028fc68c927/411546583/r
ealurl=http://youtu.be/DnXY4I3LV7w>
This year, I nominated Judge Guy Bradberry, a judge in the 14th Judicial
District Family and Juvenile Court in Calcasieu Parish, as my Louisiana
Angel. Judge Bradberry hears numerous cases involving foster youth on a
daily basis and is deeply committed to finding forever families for
children. In the last year alone, Judge Bradberry has finalized 64
adoptions.

Watch Judge Bradberry tell more about his work on behalf of Louisiana
children.
<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/a37f71a4150c62c22952d028fc68c927/411546583/r
ealurl=http://youtu.be/DnXY4I3LV7w>
Through our Angels in Adoption events, Congress reaffirms its commitment to
foster youth and children throughout the country and the world. I have
worked during my time in the Senate to promote adoption and advocate for
foster care youth. In September, I introduced the Making Adoption Affordable
Act
<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/a37f71a4150c62c22952d028fc68c927/411546583/r
ealurl=http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=3378> to support
those families who have made the wonderful decision to adopt. This
legislation will make the Adoption Tax Credit permanent in the tax code.

As Judge Bradberry so beautifully said, "When we improve the life of a child
in Louisiana, we improve the world." His story and the stories of the other
141 angels this year inspire all of us to do more for children. There's no
such thing as an unwanted child, only an unfound family.

All the best,

Please contact Sen. Landrieu at the office nearest you
<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/a37f71a4150c62c22952d028fc68c927/411546583/r
ealurl=http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/?p=contact> .

www.landrieu.senate.gov