[StBernard] Using top committee post to fight for common sense reforms

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 11 09:02:22 EST 2013

It's a new year and a new Congress is starting up as well. We'll have a different make up to this year's Senate, and frankly, we have even fewer conservative seats than we need to roll back Obama's aggressive liberal agenda.

Obama's reelection was a signal that the policy of excessive regulation will only become greater. The EPA is one of the biggest culprits. Help me fight back with a donation of $5 or more <http://www.2dialog.com/vitter/t/l/473/h/f915> .

Out of that setback is at least one encouraging turn of events for Louisianians, and common sense conservatives alike -- my ascendance to the top ranking Republican position on the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee.

This committee has jurisdiction and oversight of many important agencies that directly impact all of our daily lives. First and foremost, the committee oversees the Environmental Protection Agency.

As we've all seen these last four years, the energy debate has been fought largely on the front lines of the EPA and it's aggressive regulatory overreach that's stifling manufacturing and job creation and increasing prices on every day purchases for consumers.

Lisa Jackson, Obama's ideological EPA Administrator has recently resigned, help me to fight to make sure she's replaced with a more common sense appointee by donating $5 or more <http://www.2dialog.com/vitter/t/l/474/h/f915> .

President Obama and his allies in Congress want to fundamentally change our energy economy by using the full force of the government to enact their ideological agenda.

As I've always said: everyone wants clean air and clean water. That's not the issue.

We, the majority of America, believe there is a vast middle ground between pollution and rigid far left environmentalism. But far too often, "environmentalism" under this administration, is at the expense of economic recovery. I will to use my position in the Senate to do all I can to argue for and highlight this critical and practical approach that the overwhelming majority of us want in our environment and energy policies.

David