[StBernard] Unemployment Hits Four-Year Low

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 19 00:41:03 EST 2013

Dear Friends -

One of my top priorities since I took office has been fostering an
environment where businesses want to invest and create jobs.

We cut burdensome business taxes, overhauled our ethics laws, revamped
workforce development programs, and passed bold education reforms to give
every child the opportunity to get a great education. It's all paying off.

We now have one of the strongest business climates in the country and the
numbers back it up.

New numbers out today show that our state's unemployment rate dropped again
last month to 5.5 percent. As the Baton Rouge Advocate
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c0062%7c9390%7c791
501&digest=NkjIRjroaZora1axw6kSsw&sysid=1> reported, that's the lowest the
unemployment rate has been in more than four years. Louisiana's unemployment
rate has been consistently lower than the national unemployment rate since
2008.

The new jobs report is exciting news, but I believe we can still do more.

In order to keep improving our business climate, we are working with
legislators and business leaders on a plan to eliminate personal and
corporate income taxes in a revenue neutral way.

By eliminating income taxes, we can put more money back into the pockets of
Louisiana families and continue to attract job creators from around the
globe who want to invest here and create more jobs for our people.

Sincerely,

Governor Bobby Jindal