[StBernard] NOPD investigating body buried in St. Bernard Parish, waiting to exhume

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 26 07:45:57 EST 2013

NOPD investigating body buried in St. Bernard Parish, waiting to exhume

By Benjamin Alexander-Bloch, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
on February 25, 2013 at 5:54 PM, updated February 25, 2013 at 8:30 PM Print

The New Orleans Police Department has received information about a body
possibly buried in St. Bernard Parish. New Orleans detectives and the St.
Bernard Parish Sheriff's Office are working together in rural eastern St.
Bernard where the body might be buried, but have been unable to excavate due
to inclement weather, according to the NOPD.

The suspected site will remain secure until excavation can begin, according
to an NOPD statement after inquiries by NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune and
other media outlets. "Detectives are uncertain what they have or if it will
be a case involving New Orleans," the statement continued.

"Once we further the investigation we will be able to determine the origin
of the case and we will be able to give further information."