[StBernard] Eliminate Income Taxes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 21 10:45:16 EDT 2013

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:

Gov. Jindal: Eliminating Income Taxes and Loopholes Will Create More Jobs

Eliminating income taxes and loopholes will create more jobs
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c0226%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=kWEL%2b%2f7SogX2SvMpnfb2kQ&sysid=1>
By Governor Bobby Jindal
Times-Picayune

".

Every challenge we have taken on has been about making Louisiana the best
place in the world to find a job and raise a family.

Our work is starting to pay off.
.

But there are still too many Louisianians looking for work, too many
Louisianians that want to find better-paying jobs and still too many
Louisianians living in other states because they couldn't find work here.

.

One of the biggest obstacles we face in helping more Louisianians find work
is Louisiana's tax code because it's complex, unstable and unfair. We have
more than 460 loopholes on the books that make our system complex, volatile
and unfair.

If you have a lobbyist and lawyer, you have a loophole.In 2011, we actually
went in the hole on corporate income tax by some $76 million.That goes to
show you our tax system is unfair and riddled with loopholes and exemptions.

We need a system where powerful special interest groups will no longer be
able to rig the system. And to bring more job opportunities to Louisiana, we
must start by having a tax structure that looks like it was designed on
purpose.

That's why my top priority is to eliminate income taxes and more than 200
loopholes in a revenue neutral way.

Eliminating income taxes will have six benefits. First, eliminating income
taxes will help make Louisiana the best place to start a business.

.

Second, eliminating income taxes will give more control to the taxpayer.
.

Third, by eliminating income taxes and loopholes, everyone will pay their
fair share, and no more than that. Fourth, we're going to close special
interest loopholes.
.

Fifth, we are going to protect food, prescription drugs and utilities from
the state sales tax. Sixth.by switching to a sales tax base, there will be
more stability in funding for government services.
.

This is our moment to eliminate the income tax and unleash major economic
growth and opportunity in our state that will help keep our sons and
daughters here at home to find jobs and raise their families."

Click Here to Read the Entire Column
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c0227%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=EonlgQ%2fudX14tkMhc3hgqg&sysid=1>

###