[StBernard] Fighting to protect Louisiana voters' rights

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 22 00:00:03 EDT 2013

Team,

President Obama has nominated Thomas Perez to head the Department of Labor. This nominee has a record that needs to be seriously examined.

For starters, a federal judge questioned his honesty in the handling of the controversial New Black Panthers case of voter intimidation. Worse, he has been a critical player in the Department of Justice’s politically-focused legal actions against Louisiana’s Secretary of State’s office.

Obama’s Justice department is trying to force Louisiana to open up its voter rolls that contain personal information on Louisiana voters and share them with 3rd parties. Help me pressure Perez and the Obama administration with a donation of $5 or anything you can offer. <http://www.2dialog.com/vitter/t/l/596/h/8bf0>

In fact, I wrote Obama directly in 2011 about this politically-motivated DOJ witch hunt against Louisiana. Essentially, the Justice Department is using one part of the National Voting Right Act to bully Louisiana, but isn't enforcing the other part of the same law -- the one that cracks down on voter fraud. Pretty convenient.

I’m going to need your help to keep the pressure on this nomination going. Colleagues of mine are scared to make this stand because the hyper-left calls anyone who pushes for common sense voter integrity every nasty name in book. You can help the fight immediately with a donation of $5 or anything you can offer. <http://www.2dialog.com/vitter/t/l/597/h/8bf0>

Rest assured, I’ll keep doing my part for conservative reform in the U.S. Senate, and always fighting for Louisiana.

David