[StBernard] Jindal Weekly Update

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 29 08:56:13 EDT 2013

Jindal Weekly Update
Governor Jindal had a successful week travelling Louisiana fighting for the
elimination of the state's income tax. The Beacon Hill Institute released a
study showing the Governor's tax reform proposals will create over 10,000
new jobs and mean $910 more in income on average for each Louisiana
household. In other news, state education officials released data that
showed parents are continuing to support Governor Jindal's school choice
reform, with scholarship applications for the program up 20 percent.

Here Is A Quick Recap Of The News About The Governor's Week:

The Beacon Hill Institute In Partnership With The Pelican Institute Released
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c0305%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=9ZhJE5bU%2fmC2oabDlV%2f7Ew&sysid=1> A Study Showing Governor
Jindal's Tax Plan Could Create Over 10,000 Jobs And Boosts Income By $910
For Average Households. The Beacon Hill Institute, in partnership with the
Pelican Institute for Public Policy, released a study on Governor Jindal's
tax reform proposal. The study shows that the plan will create over 10,000
new jobs by 2017 and boost income for Louisianians. Pelican Institute says,
"It would boost investment in the state by $183 million, and increase real
disposable income by $1.749 billion. That is, on average, an extra $910 for
each of Louisiana's households."

* The Study Said
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c0306%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=MIfu2H1Bi9wvnauZkcjB4Q&sysid=1> Gov. Jindal's Plan "Would Spur
Economic Growth." The think tank says the plan would provide, on average, an
extra $910 for each of La.'s households. "This study shows that Governor
Jindal's tax reform plan gives Louisiana a unique opportunity to grow its
economy and boost the income of its citizens," says Kane. "Doing away with
the income tax is really a positive thing."

The Times-Picayune
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c0307%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=DSsXnx4fqwFl2lQ2BtgjLg&sysid=1> Reports That Governor Jindal's
Proposal To Eliminate The Income Tax Is Receiving Support From Louisiana's
Oil And Gas Association. The Louisiana Oil and Gas Association announced it
had reached an agreement with Gov. Bobby Jindal's administration about how
to reduce tax exemptions for the industry. . Don Briggs, president of the
association, said that the deal on the tax breaks, known as severance tax
exemptions, would benefit drillers operating in the state.

* The Louisiana Oil & Gas Association Said That Tax Reform Will Create
Jobs
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c0308%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=nWGUrqP0jg2t9wHeWCTSWA&sysid=1> . "We believe the proposal we have
discussed with the administration will create more jobs in the oil and gas
industry for Louisianans," Briggs said in a news release.

The Monroe News Star
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c0309%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=nY0CDDTPINaqpjrPj9R41A&sysid=1> Reported On Governor Jindal's
Speech To The Monroe Chamber Of Commerce On His Plan To Eliminate The Income
Tax. Jindal was in Monroe Friday to speak at the Monroe Chamber of
Commerce's luncheon. "I think there are many positives," Jindal said. "It's
going to help us grow our economy. It will make government financing more
stable." Jindal claimed the state's tax code includes 468 exemptions, and
special interests and lobbyists are taking advantage of them. "It's not
fair," Jindal said. "It's not good for the average Louisiana family. These
are special interest groups that can afford lawyers. We want to put an end
to that."

* Watch Local News Coverage Of The Speech Here
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c0300%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=sdTPEUq9UEl9EUkHEi68Cw&sysid=1> . GOV. JINDAL: "Over the last
decade, 60% of the new jobs in our country were created in just nine states
that had no income tax. Those states grew faster, 60% faster than the rest
of the country. We know that states without an income tax grow faster in
terms of population growth, in terms of job growth, that's what we want for
Louisiana."

Parents Continue To Support
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c0301%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=ksPy%2fh5IMSzaD%2bN7jDNZJg&sysid=1> Governor Jindal's School
Choice Legislation, An Announcement This Week Showed Applications To The
Program Are Up 20 Percent. Despite legal questions, applications for
Louisiana's voucher program are up nearly 20 percent, state Superintendent
of Education John White said Wednesday. About 11,800 students have sought
the aid for the next school year compared to about 10,000 who applied last
year, White told reporters. "It is evident that parents continue to be
interested in choosing the school that is right for their child," White
said. "This does represent a significant increase in the number of students
who are participating in the program."

Governor Jindal Announced A Major Economic Development Project For Baton
Rouge - IBM Will Be Building A "Transformational" Office In Baton Rouge
Which Will Create 800 Jobs. IBM announced Wednesday it will establish a
first-of-its-kind software development center at the former site of The
Advocate, a move that will create 800 jobs and be a "transformational"
project for downtown Baton Rouge.

* "Today's Announcement Is A Game Changer That Will Have A
Generational Impact On Baton Rouge And Our Entire State," Jindal Said.
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c0302%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=YA3dp5%2f8iTj4y6XaFfNP5Q&sysid=1> "This project will continue to
position Louisiana as a leader in the global technology sector as we are
bringing in one of the largest, most successful, most innovative companies
to create a first-of-its-kind software development center in Louisiana."