[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish Council chairman resigns from parish hospital board

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu May 2 20:31:28 EDT 2013

Link to full Times-Picayune story: http://bit.ly/153KYhR

St. Bernard Parish Council Chairman George Cavignac last week resigned from
his position as vice-chairman of the St. Bernard Parish Hospital's board. He
said the Parish Council will appoint a new board member at some
yet-determined date.

Cavignac said on Thursday that the hospital board likely will send over some
recommendations for his replacement and that the Parish Council then likely
would go over those recommendations and vote on a new board member.

"One of the reasons I joined the board was to build the hospital, and now
that is done," Cavignac said when asked why he stepped down from the post.
"Also, with my job and council responsibilities, it was very time
consuming."

It is the first time since May 2009 that the board has not had a council
member among its ranks.

To read the remainder of the story, click here: http://bit.ly/153KYhR