[StBernard] Jindal Weekly Update

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jun 23 21:46:37 EDT 2013

Jindal Weekly Update

Governor Jindal finished a week in which he began a statewide tour to visit
all 64 Louisiana parishes. His stops this week included an event to sign
new laws to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

Governor Jindal also penned a column for Politico, which garnered national
attention. He argued that the Republican Party needs to stop the
navel-gazing, move on from the party autopsies and self-loathing, and go on
offense explaining what smart conservative policy looks like.

Here Is A Quick Recap Of The News About The Governor's Week:

Governor Jindal Wrote A Column For Politico
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c2684%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=5lxbSHocz0x2QlxTN3SesA&sysid=1> Which Got National Attention
Where He Argues The GOP Needs To Move Away From The Party Autopsies And Go
On Offense Explaining What Smart Conservative Reform Looks Like. But
excessive navel gazing leads to paralysis. At present it looks as if the
entire Republican Party needs to go to counseling. It's really getting
embarrassing, all these public professions of feelings of inadequacy. Every
day it seems another jilted high-placed Republican in Washington is
confessing to the voters; "It's not you, it's me." . . . How about we take
all of this energy being spent on autopsies and focus it on painting a
picture for the American public, particularly for young people, of what a
free and prosperous American future will look like with smart conservative
policies. No more self-analysis; we've had our catharsis. The season for
navel gazing has passed. Let's stop defeating ourselves, get on offense, and
go kick the other guys around. If you've followed the news over the past
month, they are certainly asking for it. We are the conservative party in
America - deal with it. . . . Eventually Americans will rise up against this
new era of big government and this new reign of politically correct terror.
In the meantime Republicans - hold fast, get smarter, get disciplined, get
on offense, and put on your big boy pants.

* Be Sure To Read the Whole Article Here: www.politico.com
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c2695%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=zlV1jw92ubqjaFGicq6M6A&sysid=1>

This Week, Governor Jindal Announced The Beginning
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c2696%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=%2bIlv9vqEHgOAtIm4xgxoSQ&sysid=1> Of A Statewide Tour To Visit
Every One Of Louisiana's 64 Parishes. Gov. Bobby Jindal says he plans to
visit all 64 Louisiana parishes in the coming months, as part of a statewide
tour. The Republican governor's first stop was Monday in Alexandria. At a
local community college there, Jindal signed a bill that authorizes $252
million in new construction funding for 29 projects in the community and
technical college system . . . The governor's office says during his
statewide tour, Jindal will tout economic development projects, education
initiatives, transportation projects and bills passed in the recently-ended
legislative session.

Governor Jindal Was Proud To Sign Six Gun Bills
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c2697%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=QGp4ImWaU89Fa7xanGsP7g&sysid=1> Into Law Which Will Fortify
Second Amendment Rights In Louisiana. Gov. Bobby Jindal knows few things are
more popular in northeastern Louisiana's gun country than the Second
Amendment. So Jindal chose TP Outdoors' West Monroe store as the location to
sign six gun-related bills Wednesday afternoon, surrounded by legislators
and walls of firearms on the second stop on his post-Legislative session
64-parish tour. "We're here to celebrate our Sportsman's Paradise and to
support the Second Amendment and American values," the second-term
Republican governor said. Jindal and the legislators, led by Second
Amendment champion Sen. Neil Riser, R-Columbia, touted seven bills they said
will fortify federal protection of gun owners' rights. . "Today is a great
day not just for our state, but for law-abiding gun owners across
Louisiana," Jindal said. "We're signing new laws relating to gun ownership
and our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms."

Townhall.com
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c2698%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=7MGBr5y00jAhItmFzH09BA&sysid=1> Praised Governor Jindal For
Protecting The Privacy Of Gun Owners. Well it's a new success for gun owners
in the state of Louisiana. On Wednesday Gov. Bobby Jindal signed a new law
making it illegal for journalists or anyone else to publicly identify
concealed gun permit holders or applicants. It'll be a misdemeanor to
release or publish names or addresses with a fine up to $10,000. . . . Now
we are all well aware of the states that are friendly to not only gun
owners, but also anyone who likes their privacy. Thanks to Governor Jindal
Louisiana is now a state that protects the second amendment and the privacy
of its gun owners.

Governor Jindal And Senator Tom Coburn Wrote A Piece For Real Clear Politics
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c2699%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=Be%2fbG9SSDT1fNX1uL%2flGCg&sysid=1> In Which They Argue That The
Compassionate Solution Should Be To Reform - Not Expand - Medicaid Under
Obamacare. When the Supreme Court decided Obamacare's massive expansion of
Medicaid would be an unconstitutional "gun to the head" of states -- which
would have forced states to either expand Medicaid or lose all federal
Medicaid dollars -- the Court solved one problem for states but created
another. States now have to decide whether to voluntarily accept Obamacare's
Medicaid dollars or develop their own, innovative ways to serve their
state's low-income populations. We believe the more responsible and
compassionate solution is to reform, rather than expand, Medicaid. . . .
The bottom line is that the proposed Medicaid expansion is very expensive
counterfeit compassion from Washington. The expansion is like a shady
subprime loan that creates the illusion of free money up front in order to
hide massive and devastating costs down the road. The real compassionate
solution is to reform -- not expand -- the Medicaid program.

Governor Jindal Signed Legislation
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c2690%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=LOf2l5Inwci7XlJ7MhV1tg&sysid=1> To Ensure That Meat And Fish Game
Can Be Donated To Local Charity Organizations For The Hungry. Gov. Bobby
Jindal was at Shreveport's Rescue Mission on Tuesday to sign into law two
pieces of legislation, ensuring an "unfortunate event" like a recent one at
the mission that left 1,600 pounds of game meat destroyed, will never happen
again. "The law prohibited that type of meat and fish game donations,"
Jindal said. "Because of the previous law, the deer meat was destroyed and
removed from this mission, leaving less food for the hungry. This was one of
those crazy situations that defied common sense."