[StBernard] letter from BlueCross BlueShield of Louisiana on healthcare reform

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 12 10:04:28 EDT 2013

Ohh...well in that case I'd say when the exchange for Louisiana opens up, I
would also look at some other companies. Since La did not opt to go into
the process of creating an exchange, the Feds will create an exchange for
the residents here. Oh, and this isn't a medigap type policy you have is
it? If so that's a different story. However, if you have a regular
individual policy, then you might look into the exchanges and see what other
companies have to offer. Basically the plans are going to look like these
in California:

http://www.coveredca.com/PDFs/English/CoveredCA-HealthPlanBenefitsComparison
Chart.pdf

Here is the main site for California:

http://www.coveredca.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Heal
th+Benefit+Exchange&utm_term=California&gclid=CIu3uMjbqbgCFWYV7AodcnsAzQ

http://tinyurl.com/n88gvqw

This is a list of plans/carriers that will be available in CA.

http://www.cahba.com/covered-california/carriers.htm

In La, at least one of the plans will be a Federal multi-state plan which
will be established by the Office of Personnel Management and there's a link
to a New York Times article here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/28/health/us-to-sponsor-health-insurance-plan
s-nationwide.html?_r=1&

http://tinyurl.com/cu89e99

Hope that provides you some info to check out.

''Since you appear to already have ins. by BCSLA, you probably won't
have to
get too involved in the exchange or anything dealing with it.''

well, actually our policy is not through any group or employer, it
is an
individual policy and rumor is BlueCross is about to double such
policies.