[StBernard] letter from BlueCross BlueShield of Louisiana on healthcare reform

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jul 14 09:45:13 EDT 2013

>a noticeable portion of the Federal subsidy seems to be the tax credit.

True that's the way it appears. However I'm guessing this is the *key* part
of the tax credit:

Tax credits can be used when you enroll. Tax credits can be applied to the
cost of your health plan when you enroll - you do not need to wait until you
file a tax return at the end of the year.

and:

These tax credits are paid by Covered California to your health plan to keep
your costs low.

I'm guessing here that since we don't have a state exchange that the credits
would be paid by the Feds perhaps? Just not sure. I haven't been able to
find a lot of info on the exchanges created by the Feds for states that
don't participate in them. That could be because of the way I'm phrasing my
google searches. LOL! If I'm able to find more info I'll be sure to submit
it here to Westley's list.

Thank you, that is good information. and no, this is not medigap.
My
understanding is that enrollment may also be once a year, similar to
medigap
and a noticeable portion of the Federal subsidy seems to be the tax
credit.

What my household has now through BlueCross Louisiana is most
similar to the
Bronze option from the California charts, but without any Co-Pays
until the
deductible is reached.

http://tinyurl.com/n88gvqw

http://www.cahba.com/covered-california/premium-subsidy.htm