[StBernard] letter from BlueCross BlueShield of Louisiana on healthcare reform

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 19 09:33:17 EDT 2013

Here's what I found on Tulane's website. I'm sure other colleges have
something similar.

http://tulane.edu/health/insurance-information.cfm

ll full-time Tulane University students are required to carry adequate
medical insurance. Each year, full-time students must either enroll in the
University-sponsored student health insurance plan or waive enrollment in
this plan by providing proof of other adequate coverage. The annual premium
for student coverage for 2013 - 2014 is $2,507.00. The Spring/Summer only
premium is $1,583.00.

The brochure for Tulane's ins. is here:

http://tulane.edu/health/upload/UHC-2013-14-Brochure-2.pdf

I found these for LSU:

http://www.studentinsurance.com/Schools/LA/LSUBR/

http://grok.lsu.edu/Article.aspx?articleId=13323

another part of the decisions would be whether to place college
students on
their own policies through the university(s). Has anyone else done
so and
are there any difficulties in having primary care outside of
semesters?