[StBernard] Not retreating

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Aug 10 10:47:00 EDT 2013

Aug 13

<http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/images/nl-date-shadow.gif>

Fighting united

Dear Friend,

Our Congressional delegation is united-across party and geographic lines-in
the fight to find solutions to ensure that flood insurance remains
affordable for Louisiana families and businesses.

Yesterday, I took FEMA's Associate Administrator David Miller, who is in
charge of the National Flood Insurance Program, on a tour of the local flood
protection infrastructure we've built in Southeast Louisiana. Currently,
FEMA does not take these local efforts into account when determining flood
risk, which causes insurance rates for home owners and businesses to
skyrocket.

Watch WNGO's recap of our tour:
<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/1e58e53abbfe603fe43e1eacdfb0f5d8/411546583/r
ealurl=http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/?p=video&id=3901>

WGNO Report on NFIP Tour
<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/1e58e53abbfe603fe43e1eacdfb0f5d8/411546583/r
ealurl=http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/?p=video&id=3901>

Bringing our parish presidents, business leaders, and homeowners to speak
face-to-face with Mr. Miller was an important step forward to establish a
plan to help residents afford the insurance protection they need. Like I've
said before, flood insurance must be affordable, accessible and
self-sustainable for Louisianians, and I hope FEMA will use what they've
learned here to do just that.

Join me in sharing this news with your family, friends and neighbors.
<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/1e58e53abbfe603fe43e1eacdfb0f5d8/411546583/r
ealurl=http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/?p=video&id=3901>

For the last 300 years, we have been here along this working coast that
supplies the country with the domestic energy that fuels our economy,
produces one-third of the nation's seafood and drains 40 percent of the
North American continent. We aren't going to retreat, and we aren't leaving.

We can--and we will--continue this fight together to make flood insurance
affordable for our families and businesses.

<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/1e58e53abbfe603fe43e1eacdfb0f5d8/411546583/r
ealurl=>

<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/1e58e53abbfe603fe43e1eacdfb0f5d8/411546583/r
ealurl=>