[StBernard] Lacoste Community Garden

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 14 09:31:13 EDT 2013

Dear Neighbors,
The Lacoste Community Garden, 3213 Mumphrey Road, is very close to the
construction stage and soon our parish's residents will be planting in the
14 community garden beds. Thanks to our generous community partners this
project is almost completely funded. So far, our sponsors are Valero, St.
Bernard Community Foundation, Meraux Foundation, Glen & Cindy Gabb and
Rediscover District C. Vetter Lumber has given us a great price on the
lumber for the raised beds. Also, thanks to St. Bernard Parish Government
for providing the property for this great community project. If anyone
would like to participate in the "Build and Fill" days, we could use your
help! This Saturday morning, August 17, we will begin the install of the
irrigation system, need plumbers and diggers. On Saturday, August 24,
starting at 7 a.m. we will build the 14 raised beds (16ft x 4ft x 1ft) and
fill with garden soil (approx. 34 yards). We will need cordless screw
drivers, wheel barrows and shovels/rakes. If you have any of these please
bring that morning. Valero is also asking their employees to volunteer to
help us on the 24th. Please let me know how you can help!
Sincerely,
Joey G. Englert
Rediscover District C