[StBernard] No Obamacare Exemptions for Washington

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 30 09:14:33 EDT 2013

Team,

Fighting for government reforms is like swimming upstream in Washington. That’s why your help has always meant so much to me. My latest effort is to prevent Washington from creating a special rule that “fixes” Obamacare for Washington only. Why should Congress and bureaucrats in Washington deserve an exemption from the Obamacare train wreck?

Please send $5 or whatever you can to help me fight to stop the Obamacare “fix” for Washington only. <http://www.2dialog.com/vitter/t/l/923/h/8bf0>

After intense and, sadly, bipartisan lobbying and scheming in Washington, the Obama administration announced that it is creating out of thin air a special rule to ease the pain of Obamacare – for Washington only.

I know that’s why so many of you think Washington is broken. To fight back against the broken system, I’m introducing legislation to force Members of Congress, Congressional staff, the President, Vice President and political appointees to endure the same frustrations that Obamacare is causing for the rest of America. But I’m already under attack from the Washington establishment.

Can you help me fend off attacks and help me prevent Washington from fixing Obamacare for them, but them only? A small donation of $5 or $10 dollars will go a long way in the fight. <http://www.2dialog.com/vitter/t/l/924/h/8bf0>

I’m helping lead the fight to defund Obamacare and one day repeal it, but for now, there is no reason that Congress and Washington insiders should get any type of special exemption.

My colleague, Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.) and I will be introducing legislation that gets right to the core of this Obamacare “fix” for Washington. Some of our colleagues may try some slick maneuver to avoid political backlash by allowing Members to hide their exemption from the public, but our amendment is clear, and would eliminate any exemption.

Any exemption would be offensive, and we need to stop it.

Thanks for your support,
David