[StBernard] Eight Years After Katrina: St. Rita's Owners 'Still Feel the Stigma'

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 4 09:59:30 EDT 2013

IRT

Well now supposedly Dr. Bertucci had arranged or offered to arrange
for the
buses to transport the St. Rita's patients out before the storm and
Sal and
Mabel refused to do that.

I heard that statement, also, right after Katrina. In fact, I think
in an interview, she said that due to the fact they were on high ground &
never flooded.