[StBernard] Violet Oyster Festival - October 18-20

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 25 08:10:54 EDT 2013

VIOLET OYSTER FESTIVAL TO RETURN OCTOBER 18-20

Festival to benefit Our Lady of Lourdes Church; Entertainment schedule released

The Violet Oyster Festival will return for the third weekend in October, 2013. There will be rides, crafts, games, lots of live entertainment and great food from Friday, October 18th to Sunday, October 20th on the church grounds at the Corner of East Judge Perez Drive and Colonial Boulevard in Violet. ADMISSION IS FREE & Plenty of On-Site Parking!

The annual Violet Oyster Festival -- October 18-20, 2013 will be held on the church grounds of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church in Violet. The Oyster Festival is much more than making a few dollars for Church Ministries and outreach; it gives people an opportunity to gather and celebrate life, with great food and friends. A good time is had by all, especially because of the support from the local community.

It will be a wonderful opportunity to focus on the fun and excitement which festivals offer. The Oyster Festival has become an annual 'reunion', or rather a time for those who moved away to come back and visit. It’s also a time for those who are already here to spend good, wholesome quality time as we enjoy the festive atmosphere, good food and good friends.

The Oyster Festival will be offering oysters--- raw on the half-shell, fried oyster dinners, po-boys, grilled oysters on the half-shell with sauce as well as shrimp, fish, fettuccine, gumbo, jambalaya, onion mums, pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, sweets, daiquiris, funnel cakes and much, much, more!
For more information, visit http://olol-church.com/oyster_festival.htm <http://olol-church.com/oyster_festival.htm> .

Oyster Festival Entertainment

Friday, October 18th: 6:00-11:00 p.m.

6 p.m. - Opening and Blessing

6:30 p.m. - Crowning of 2013 King and Queen

7-10 p.m. - "The Wise Guys"

Saturday, October 19th: 11:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.

11 a.m. - Fair Opens

3:00-7 p.m. - "Bobby Cure & the Summertime Blues”

7:30 p.m. - FIREWORKS SHOW!

8-10 p.m. – “Zebra”

Sunday, October 20th: 11:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.

11 a.m. - Fair Opens

2:30-5:30 p.m. - "The Bucktown All Stars"

6:30-9:30 p.m. - "Groovy 7"

Local Entertainment Throughout the Weekend

Pay One Price Ride tickets:

PRE-SALE - $18

AT FAIRSITE - $20

WEEKEND PASS - $50