[StBernard] Grass ordinance

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 8 15:59:40 EST 2013

Proposed grass ordinance--how could anyone not realize that these overgrown
lots in the Ninth Ward are havens for dead bodies, stashing drugs, and
assaulting residents. Their residents are rightfully demanding the city get
it cut and it will be costly for the city to clear the woods growing in
between and behind property owners who are taking care of their properties.
Not to mention snakes, rats, feral cats and dogs,etc. If I restored my home
to pre-storm condition then the property owners and parish have an
obligation not to abandon all but the front twenty feet of a lot. I had to
cut my lot before I built my house after I bought in 1988. So why the change
? Ddk