[StBernard] St. Bernard Council message to state Legislature: no river diversions allowed

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 26 22:30:54 EST 2013

So what IS our local state representative's opinion on this?

And wasn't the previous meeting **mainly** about the issues the fishermen
had with diversions?  Were there any other issues addressed at that meeting?

So exactly "what" kind of meeting do you suggest having with state officials
that would accomplish any more than the meeting that was already held a few
months back?  Oh, you must be talking about the kind of meeting where we can
hold a gun against some state official's head?  So the Council passed some
sort of resolution with I suppose had some strong language in it?  Big deal
- that's really going to convince CPRA officials.  Look, it's time to face
reality here.  Unless our local state legislators can get Jindal to sit down
with them and be convinced to go in a different direction from what the CPRA
plan says, these efforts amount to nothing more than folly.  You have a lame
duck governor who probably will listen to "his" people on CPRA - a nice way
of saying he could care less what we in St. Bernard have to say.  So the
only realistic chance we have is to court those individuals "now" who are
being rumored or already announced to be running for governor in 2015.
Convince each would-be gubernatorial candidate and have each commit "now" to
not going forth with the diversion in St. Bernard and maybe - only maybe -
we might have a chance to stop them.