[StBernard] St. Bernard Sheriff's Office vehicles have a new look

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Dec 1 21:51:33 EST 2013

St. Bernard Sheriff's Office vehicles have a new look

Print NOLA Community By NOLA Community
on November 27, 2013 at 6:28 AM, updated November 27, 2013 at 6:35 AM

The St. Bernard Parish Sheriff's Office recently debuted a new look for
sheriff's office vehicles, which is a classic black and white patrol car
with the emblem of the department badge on the sides.

"I think people will like the look,'' Sheriff James Pohlmann said. "I wanted
something very traditional, which this is. For many years, this color scheme
has been identified with law enforcement.''

Two black and whites, both Chevrolets recently purchased, hit the streets of
the parish Nov. 19. As more vehicles are bought to upgrade the Sheriff's
Office fleet of about 150 cars, trucks and sport utility vehicles, the new
colors will become common in the parish, Pohlmann said.

"We will phase this in as we purchase new vehicles,'' some of which are due
to arrive near the first of the year, Pohlmann said.

When parish voters approved a property tax increase last spring, Pohlman
said one of the reasons it was needed was to upgrade and maintain the fleet,
which was showing its age.

http://blog.nola.com/stbernard/2013/11/st_bernard_sheriffs_office_veh.html