[StBernard] St. Bernard will not hire David Gorbaty as new CAO due to ethics rules conflict

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Dec 10 09:38:26 EST 2013

The Parish should request an opinion on this issue for clarity.

If my spouse, son or daughter worked for SPBG, perhaps in public works as an
example, and then I decided to run for office, I think that would be ok. My
relative could retain their job if I were elected (don't worry, I'm not
running for office !)

If not mistaken, the difference here with the current CAO nominee is that
his son is already serving as a Council member; yet, if the CAO were
employed prior to the council election -- if not mistaken-- that would be
ok, similar to the public works position example.

SJK