[StBernard] Senate Action on Flood Insurance

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jan 8 09:02:27 EST 2014

Jan. 14

Dear Friend-

This is an important week for fixing flood insurance. The Senate will vote
to begin debating the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act that fixes
the most dangerous parts of the Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act.

Join the group of 28 bipartisan senators supporting this bill: sign up to
become a citizen cosponsor.
<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/964dc3e0728a5a8a413f26f9e4c3a508/411546583/r
ealurl=http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/?p=form&id=7>

Today, our diverse coalition made up of bipartisan senators, Louisiana
officials and national stakeholders is gathering at a press conference to
rally support and stress the urgency to pass this bill. After months of
work, we believe we have the support necessary in the Senate, to pass this
bill, but we can't rest on that. Your stories, your voices, your efforts
have made this a national priority, and we need your help to secure a strong
vote in favor of common sense reforms.

Sign up here to become a citizen cosponsor of the Homeowner Flood Insurance
Affordability Act
<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/964dc3e0728a5a8a413f26f9e4c3a508/411546583/r
ealurl=http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/?p=form&id=7>

This bill will delay the most agressive flood insurance rate increases until
FEMA understands how they will impact individual policy holders and the
program at large. It also requires FEMA to certify that flood maps are
accurate and that communities are given credit for their flood protection
systems.

Your support is needed at this critical time to send a strong message to
Congress: fixing flood insurance is about protecting people's homes and
equity and preserving the American dream that if you work hard and play by
the rules you can have a secure future.

Sincerely,
Mary