[StBernard] Scott Wallace named new St. Bernard campaign chair of United Way

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 10 18:57:30 EST 2014

Scott Wallace named new St. Bernard campaign chair of United Way

Print NOLA Community By NOLA Community
on February 10, 2014 at 6:59 AM, updated February 10, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Scott Wallace has been named the 2013-2014 United Way Campaign Chairman for
St. Bernard Parish. Wallace is the human resources manager at Chalmette
Refining LLC.

"Saint Bernard Parish's size provides a new sense of satisfaction to me for
involvement in the United Way campaign," Wallace said. "I've previously
participated in large markets, such as Washington, D.C. and Houston, Texas.
In Saint Bernard, you have a much clearer line of sight to the agencies
providing services and to those who are receiving that help. Talking to the
agencies and hearing the personal stories of those who are benefitting from
United Way donations is very satisfying."

The United Way of Southeast Louisiana's mission is: "To increase the
organized capacity of people to be independent and self-sufficient." UWSELA
funds programs, supports collaborations, convenes experts and fosters new
and needed community services based on best practices. UWSELA works to
ensure quality health and human services for the citizens of southeast
Louisiana and assess the success of programs based on the achievement of
pre-defined outcomes.

Saint Bernard Parish's size provides a new sense of satisfaction to me for
involvement in the United Way campaign. Scott Wallace
"Scott Wallace is an excellent choice for St. Bernard Parish Campaign
Chair," said Gary Huettmann, director of the United Way of Southeast
Louisiana. "He has already participated in a number of key activities
sponsored by United Way. We look forward to exceeding our goals again this
year with his leadership."

For more information on the United Way of Southeast Louisiana or to start
work on a campaign contact Huettmann at 504-400-7535.