[StBernard] Lease Sale Shows Power of Gulf

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 31 09:16:10 EDT 2014

March 28, 2014

LEASE SALE DISPLAYS POWER OF THE GULF
A message from Executive Director Lori LeBlanc <http://app.systememerge.com/userfiles/2023/image/c4370f8timthumb.php201x174-164054.jpeg> The oil and gas industry demonstrated its confidence in the power of American energy during the federal government's Central Gulf of Mexico lease sale held March 19 in New Orleans. In fact, a total of 50 companies submitted 380 bids, and the Department of Interior garnered $850 million in high bids for about 1.7 million acres off the coast of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. This signals a continued strong business interest in offshore energy production.

It's this confidence in the valuable resources of America's Gulf that continues to drive our national and state economy, fund the U.S. government, employ hundreds of thousands of men and women across our country, and keep the lights on from Portland, Oregon, to Portland, Maine. Here in Louisiana, we proudly serve as the gateway to the Gulf, the front door to the boundless energy potential miles off of our coast and thousands of feet under the water's surface. We proudly do a job that other states refuse to do; a job that literally fuels America.

GEST is pleased to help promote this rebirth of the Gulf as America's energy workhorse, as well as the thousands of men and women who go to work each day to provide power to our people.

Hats off to all of you!
________________________________

LMOGA LAUNCHES OFFSHORE COMMITTEE

<http://app.systememerge.com/userfiles/2023/image/lmoga-thumbnail---white-logo---blue-background.jpg> Recognizing the tremendous national and state economic significance of energy development in the Gulf of Mexico, the Louisiana Mid-Continent Oil and Gas Association (LMOGA) has launched a new Offshore Committee to promote Gulf energy production and advocate for industry's continued responsible development of our valuable domestic energy resources.

"LMOGA has long championed the Gulf's value to our LMOGA members and to this state and nation, and our new Offshore Committee will give us the opportunity to strengthen the role we play in supporting the growth of our members and securing continued activity in America's Gulf," says President Chris John.

Read more at LMOGA.com <http://app.systememerge.com/emaill-3241362-164507-1014783.html> .
________________________________

BEYOND THE GULF
• The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) has published a final environmental review of seismic surveying activities off of the Mid- and South Atlantic coast. This paves the way for energy companies to seek new seismic data to determine available oil and gas resources in this OCS region of the Atlantic Ocean.
The Final PEIS is available for public comment until April 7, 2014 at www.boem.gov/Atlantic-G-G-PEIS/ <http://app.systememerge.com/emaill-3241362-164507-1014784.html> .

• GEST Executive Director Lori LeBlanc was invited to make a presentation to the Alliance for Economic Development in Georgetown, South Carolina last week. The audience included 100 business men and women with a strong interest in oil and gas development in the Atlantic Outer-Continental Shelf. LeBlanc spoke about the benefits of the oil and <http://app.systememerge.com/userfiles/2023/image/logo-2.png> gas industry to Louisiana and how Louisiana has balanced energy development and environmental stewardship.

<http://app.systememerge.com/userfiles/2023/image/64838071a7b6371363712110-hardhatwithblack169x112-142469156x103-164066.jpeg>

IN THE NEWS

In Gulf of Mexico, Offshore Industry Regains Footing Read article here. <http://app.systememerge.com/emaill-3241362-164507-1014785.html>
Industry Looks Forward to Active Year in Gulf of Mexico Read article here. <http://app.systememerge.com/emaill-3241362-164507-1014786.html>
Why the U.S. Gulf of Mexico Will Prove to Be a Crucial Market for Oilfield Services in the Long Run Read article here. <http://app.systememerge.com/emaill-3241362-164507-1014787.html>
2013 Oil Boom is Biggest Ever, Data Show Read article here. <http://app.systememerge.com/emaill-3241362-164507-1014788.html>
More March 19 Lease Sale Statistics Here. <http://app.systememerge.com/emaill-3241362-164507-1014789.html>
________________________________

Join GEST in Supporting GROW LOUISIANA Coalition

The Grow Louisiana Coalition brings individuals, families and businesses together to promote the positive economic impact of Louisiana's oil and gas industry and the hundreds of thousands of Louisiana jobs dependent on this industry. View video here. <http://app.systememerge.com/emaill-3241362-164507-1014790.html>
Join GEST in support of Grow Louisiana by signing up at GrowLouisianaCoalition.com <http://app.systememerge.com/emaill-3241362-164507-1014791.html>
LIKE US on FACEBOOK
Facebook <http://app.systememerge.com/emaill-3241362-164507-1014792.html>
Stay connected to GEST 24/7!

JOIN OUR TEAM

The Gulf Economic Survival Team is powered by the support of individuals and businesses throughout the U.S. Show your support for Gulf energy development and our energy workers by becoming a GEST member!

VISIT OUR WEBSITE <http://app.systememerge.com/emaill-3241362-164507-1014793.html>

EMAIL US <mailto:lori at gulfeconomicsurvival.org?subject=GEST%20Membership>

Call Executive Director Lori LeBlanc at 985-448-4485.

________________________________

VOICES FROM THE GULF

"I just finished reading your e-mail and have to admit, after 45 years of living and drilling in the GOM, I never realized the true monetary impact it has had on our state. It has been such a blessing to me and my family...When I look out across the GOM at night and see all of the lights I realize that this is a place that Our Lord has truly blessed us with!"
-- Vic Saucier, offshore energy worker from Louisiana

Send your thoughts about the impact of the Gulf energy industry on your family and our economy to lori at gulfeconomicsurvival.org. <mailto:lori at gulfeconomicsurvival.org?subject=Voices%20from%20the%20Gulf>
About Us:
The Gulf Economic Survival Team (GEST) is focused on promoting the significance of Gulf energy to America and achieving full production of this important economic resource in a safe and environmentally protective manner. More information can be found at www.GulfEconomicSurvival.org.

GEST is located within the South Louisiana Economic Council (SLEC) on the campus of Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, Louisiana. Visit our website: www.GulfEconomicSurvival.org <http://app.systememerge.com/emaill-3241362-164507-1014794.html>
Contact GEST:

Lori LeBlanc, Executive Director
Telephone: 985-448-4485
Email: lori at GulfEconomicSurvival.org <mailto:lori at GulfEconomicSurvival.org>

Mail: P.O. Box 2048/NSU
Thibodaux, LA 70310
Website: http://www.gulfec onomicsurvival.org/ <http://app.systememerge.com/emaill-3241362-164507-1014794.html>